- hot sex
- a warm shower
- cozy blankets
- warm, loving cuddles
idek how i’m going to handle deadly just like not being around for an undetermined amount of time
i’m like the neediest mollukitty ever i need constant petting from at least three people at all times or i like scratch all the furniture in rebellion
Title: File Not Found
Warnings: Mild Violence; Very Mild Language
Word Count: 1,061
Summary: “She was a scientist even as an assistant, and a damn good one, too. Therefore, it really wasn’t that strange that her idea of treasure was the walls of filing cabinets that detailed everything and everyone that had ever had relevance in Aperture.”
Notes: This is my contribution to Caroline Appreciation Day! It’s the first time I’ve written something to be strictly about Caroline, rather than her relationship with Cave. I’m glad I managed to pull something together, because while I love Caveline, Caroline deserves her own stories. I just hope you all like it!
i wish i had a super tight-knit group of friends that i fought crime with
i wish i had a super tight-knit group of friends that i committed crimes with
i wish i had a super tight group of criminals that i knitted with
i wish i had a criminally tight group of knitters that i made soup with.
i wish i had a tightly gripped crew of kittens that i played hoops with
good grammar is racist
Dismissing people’s opinions because they don’t know how to properly use a semicolon is classist.
Dismissing people’s opinions for speaking in a dialect different from the one used by those in power is almost always classist, racist or both.
"Good" grammar is subjective. Grammar wasn’t passed down by God on a stone tablet. It, like all facets of language, is evolving and socially constructed.
Care to make an argument otherwise or do you just wanna keep being a shitstain?
YESSSS THAT LAST COMMENT IS PERFECT. THANK YOU.
Starting off Caroline Appreciation Day with something I wrote basically just as a thought-gathering exercise. I don’t think it conveys what I was trying to get at at all, but I don’t know how to add to it without it getting too wordy, either. Oh well.
"Wanted: Assistant to Cave Johnson, CEO of Aperture Science. Duties include answering phones, managing finances, and corralling mutants. Must work well under extreme pressure. Call MIchigan 5-6325 for interviews."
Her eyes glanced over the ad again, but she wasn’t really reading it anymore. In her mind, she was fourteen again, and so excited when her science teacher handed her test back with a big red A across the top. Her happiness had lasted almost fifteen seconds, when the boy sitting next to her had leaned over and proceeded to loudly declare her grade to the class.
Then everything was a cacophony of protest, with students saying it wasn’t fair, or that they shouldn’t have such a bad grade if a girl got an A. Her teacher had waited for the class to settle down before explaining to them that there was nothing wrong with the scoring - Caroline was very good at science, and anyone who might be struggling was free to ask for her help. She’d smiled then, glad that someone had stood up for her.
That faded, too, when the same teacher later pulled her aside and muttered something about parental complaints. He gave her a sympathetic pat on the shoulder and suggested she take something like sewing instead, before unceremoniously sending her out into the hall.
Caroline hadn’t thought about this in a while, but she was surprised by how vividly it all came back to her when her mother had taken the classified section from her hand and laughed at what she’d circled.
"Besides," the older woman said now, jarring Caroline out of her thoughts. "When have you ever been interested in science?"
Caroline didn’t answer. Instead, she walked down the hall and picked up the phone.
part of me is like
i have to get up early to go in with mum tomorrow. i should go to sleep.
and the other part of me is like
i bet i could finish the rough draft of this porn tonight if i really tried
fuchsiamae replied to your post “you know, even though I’ve seen pictures of fuchsiamae, I still…”
my life would be so much easier if I had her pretty face
well the ridiculous thing is that you also have a blatantly gorgeous face, so there’s no reason to forget it
i just literally think you’re this universe’s caroline
- clean bathroom tips
- organize your closet
- how to fix a leaky faucet
- how to keep a clean kitchen
- removing stains from your carpet
- how to coupon
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- how to save money
- How to Balance a Check Book
- How to do Your Own Taxes
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- a list of stress relievers
- how to get free therapy
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- Yummy apple thing
- Brownie in a cup
- Cookie in a cup
- French bread pizza
- Egg tacos
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
- make recipes using things you already have
- how to put together a very fancy cheese plate
- make different flavored lemonades
- various desert recipes
- make tiny chocolate chip cookies
- 20 dishes every cook should know
- learn how to make your own tea
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- Study snacks (2)
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- first apartment essentials checklist
- how to care for cacti and succulents
- the care and keeping of plants
- Getting an apartment
- time management
- create a resume
- find the right career
- how to pick a major
- how to interview for a job
- How to write cover letters
- ULTIMATE PACKING LIST
- Traveling for Cheap
- Travel Accessories
- The Best Way to Pack a Suitcase
- How To Read A Map
- How to Apply For A Passport
- How to Make A Travel Budget
now if only I could finish Deadly’s birthday present